Thursday, December 13, 2007

Painting of two birds, done on my lunch break.


I have been going to this park by my work for about two months now. The park is about 250 yards from giants stadium. I like to go to this park because it is peaceful, the scenery is nice and I enjoy watching the Birds. I usually eat facing the river so I can get a view of the seven or eight post that come out of the water. These post usually filled with birds of two types, Sea Gulls and Mud hens. One time there was a pelican but that was a special case. The birds on these post seem to be tired they don't move often. This makes them good candidates as models to paint from. Today was the first day in a long time that I painted on my lunch break. It was also the first time in a while that I have attempted a Plen Air painting. After eating my sandwich and drinking some water I had about 40 minutes to paint. I lost some more time because a man reported me to park security for riding my bark through the park. With time constraints I was required to be quick and loose. It was a productive paint lunch

No comments: