Sunday, December 9, 2007

Raging Bull


Raging Bull
Acrylic on Canvas
3'by3'
2005
If you have ever been to Santa Cruz this painting was at the Tampico Kitchen & Lounge, from 2005 to 2007. Then it was sold from the Lounge in the summer of 2007. I don't know where it is now but I hope it's on a wall.

I found this photo on a google search for Raging Bull.


"Raging Bull"
Gouache on Canvas Board
4" by 7"
12/9/2007
This painting is a revisit to a painting I did in the summer of 2005. It is not complete so stay plugged in for the finished product. In both paintings I used the same image to paint from. The painting I did in 2005 was 3'by 3' and this one is 4" by 7" I decided to work with the same photograph again because I loved that image then and I love that image now. I thought it would be interesting to see how I would render the painting different two years later.

I enjoy the subject matter of this painting. It is not that I am a huge fan of the run of the bulls in Spain. It's more of a visual reason that I am drawn to this image. I enjoy the energy of the big brown beast that takes up the foreground. I enjoy the emotions of the people running from the bull. I like how they position there bodies in unnatural positions to dodge the Bull.
I enjoy the architecture that is filled with people with different emotions than the bull runners. They are cheering and happy because their elevation protects them from the beast.

No comments: