Monday, April 14, 2008

As the fog rolls in

Photo to come
As the fog Rolls In
8" by 10"
April 13, 2008

This one was painted at the end of a warm day. On Sunday evening I watched the fog roll in quite fast. When I started this painting the tower was very visible. After only twenty minutes the tower was covered in fog. It was a challenging day to paint for two reasons. One I was looking right into the sun, and to the colors changed drastically as the sun vanished behind the fog. I've never tried painting into the sun. I can see some benefit in painting into the sun. The bright sun can simplifies shapes creating extreme lights and darks. I want to try it again but with sun glasses. I remember falling pretty hard while trying to hike up the hill. I did not get hurt but people asked if I was OK.

No comments: