Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Changing the Name

I added  ferocious crowd to the top right of the painting.  Its crowd that is cheering as if the Superbowl winning field goal kick is flying through the air. The crowd is a figment of the goalies imagination. In reality this is just an under 11 soccer game and he is lucky if half of the handful of people in the crowd are paying attention. To the child he is in the spot light. It is his chance to be a hero. I am not being sarcastic with this painting. I think it is very important for a child to take sports seriously because it is here where they learn important life skills, victory, and failure. Sports was my way of being a hero. This painting is about this imaginary mind space I would travel to you as a young boy in sports. It was like every weekend was Superbowl Sunday.
Anthony Papini
www.goingyellowgreen.com

No comments: